Kingsley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. School staff, governors and volunteers are expected to demonstrate this commitment in all elements of their work. At Kingsley Primary School we achieve this by:
- establishing and maintaining an environment where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- ensuring that staff are able to identify welfare concerns and take appropriate action to address their concerns.
- ensuring that children know that there are adults in school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- including opportunities in the PSHE curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- recognising that each pupil's welfare is of paramount importance and that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse, eg. those with special educational needs, those living with adverse circumstances, eg. those who witness violence.
Rigorous internal systems are in place to ensure safeguarding at a high level. It is everyone's responsibility to keep children safe. Staff, volunteers and parents should also be aware that anyone can make a referral to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) at any time. The number is 0300 126 7000.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead in the school is Mr Cox (Headteacher). The Deputy DSLs are Mrs Shepperdson (Family Support Worker), Mrs D'alessio (Assistant Head) and Mr Griffiths (Deputy Head)
Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Sheila Bryant
A copy of the Safeguarding policy can be located in the policies section.
Below are some useful links for parents:
In line with the County Local Procedures, we may need to refer a situation to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). This is so that someone here can give us advice or instructions on what we need to do next to help keep a child safe.
If you have any concerns about a child's online safety, please check out the websites below.
Thinkuknow Aims to empower children and young people to identify the risks they may face online and know where to go for support
CEOP Provides lots of useful information to help keep your child safe online, about spotting the signs and dealing with exploitation. There are different areas of the website for parents and for children.
At Kingsley Primary, we want to work with our families and we know that they sometimes just need a bit of support to get things back on track. If this is the case then we will invite you to open up an Early Help meeting so that things can be talked through with a family support worker. Sometimes this can just be for a few weeks or longer if needed.
More information can be found here.
We also work to help prevent children from falling in with the wrong crowd and becoming groomed to think a certain way. This is known as the Prevent duty and you can find out about this here.
In the modern world it is vital that children are kept safe online. If you want further advice about keeping children safe online then these websites are particularly useful:
If you have a concern about a pupil or a member of staff at Kingsley Primary, please contact a designated safeguarding leader.
If your concern is about a senior leader at Kingsley Primary, please contact Helen Williams, the InMAT designated safeguarding leader- email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
InMat Designated Safeguarding Leader
InMAT Trust - Helen Williams 01604 434600