INMAT and Local Academy Committee
We are very proud to be associated with Kingsley and feel that the school is a safe, happy and dynamic learning environment for our pupils and their families.
The role of the Governing Body is to:
- monitor the delivery of the National Curriculum and the quality of teaching and learning
- ensure good provision for Special Needs and vulnerable children
- act as a critical friend to the Head Teacher by providing support and challenge
- facilitate staff recruitment
- monitor and facilitate the physical environment of the school, health and safety at school and access to the school
- develop, implement and review school policies
Please see our photos on the board in the school entrance.
Please see the link below for information about the INMAT Governors
Governors at Kingsley
School governors are people from the local community who wish to make a positive contribution to children’s education. They must be aged 18 or over at the date of their election or appointment. Persons under 18 may become Associate Members. There is no upper age limit.
Governors form the largest volunteer force in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards through their three key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring and evaluating school performance.
"A governing body's overriding responsibility is to work in partnership with the head teacher to promote continuous improvement in the performance of the school. This involves the establishment of a development plan, the setting of challenging but achievable targets and the interpretation of information to access progress and determine appropriate action.
Aligned to its improvement role, the governing body is there to be a critical friend who can provide the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of both the head teacher and the school." (School Governor Recruitment Toolkit)
We are grateful to our Local Academy Committee
- Kay Roberts - Chair of Governors - Kay.Roberts@KPS.inmat.org.uk
- Phil Moynihan – Vice-Chair of Governors
- Liam Cox – Headteacher
- Tom Griffiths – Deputy Headteacher
- Kate Parsonson - Parent Governor
- Jenna Cox – Staff Governor
The Clerk to the Governors is Erica Cullen - Erica.Cullen@inmat.org.uk
The LAC will meet 6 times a year.